Sunday, March 21, 2010

Million dollar view on the cheap.



Joe, my husband, and I grew up in Massachusetts. The biggest mountain in the whole state is Mt. Greylock. It is 3492 ft tall. It was big but you could drive to the top. Here in Oregon the mountains we see are so much bigger. They stand out in a crowd and they have snow year round. In a short walk around our neighborhood we can see Mt. Hood, Mt. Adams and Mt. St. Helens. This weekend I took some time and discovered a place in our front yard where you can look and see St. Helens. Mt. St. Helens is 8365 feet. (If you click on the picture to enlarge it I made an arrow to show where the mountain is.. you can actually tell it is a mountain in person.)





3 comments:

  1. I somehow feel much happier with a view of hills (no mountains around here!) and I can understand the pleasure you get every day with such a view. I love that spot in the garden ... a seat with a view!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I see it! I would love to have mountain views - even if only peeking trough trees and over rooftops.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are lovely pictures. What kind of tree is in the top picture? It's really lovely. I've always wanted to visit the Pacific northwest; you are fortunate to have such nice views.

    ReplyDelete