Saturday, July 31, 2010

Berries!


I am so lucky to live in the Pacific North West and have access to the best berries I have ever eaten! We are right in the middle of an awesome blackberry season! Last year right when they ripened temperatures rose to over 100 degrees for a week killing them all off which was a bummer. I don't grow black berries because we don't want a yard full of black berries but luckily i work next to an abandoned lot full of them! This year I am saving up berries to make a black berry wheat beer called Berry Garcia (named after Jerry of course). The recipe calls for 8 lbs! I didn't realize just how many berries that would be! I currently have 3 lbs saved and that already fills up a gallon freezer bag! Plus I wanted to save some for the winter. I have so much more picking to do! I haven't even made a cobbler yet! Ahh at least they are free! I can't imagine buying as many berries ! Forging is good!

No comments:

Post a Comment