Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Herb Garden

I love that I don't need to replant to much this year in the herb garden!
the oreganos, marjoram, and thyme are all doing well. So are the chives! Holy moly I didn't even know it was a perennial and man is that thing huge! I added some parsley and lemon balm so far. The basil will go in hopefully soon and I still need some cilantro and dill. Hopefully I will have room! Since this is the second year for the rhubarb I can pick a few stalks and next year I can harvest at will! I wanted to plant more this year but couldn't find any crown at the store. Maybe next year I guess.
The mint survived the winter which is nice because it didn't survive last year. I definitively don't need to buy any this year!

2 comments:

  1. What out for those chives! In my last garden, they were so happy they started popping up in the lawn! I've solved that problem now, I don't have a lawn ;) I love herb gardens, it is amazing how many of the plants survive through winter so well. Our sage this year has exploded in blooms, much to the delight of the bees, and the thyme too. I expect your thyme will blooming soon, it's such a pretty herb in flower.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ...oops...watch out for those chives ;)

    ReplyDelete