Monday, May 2, 2011

Food Gardens

Hello Spinach! These pots were planted on April 12th because the day was nice and I couldn't stand not having food growing yet! I planted a pot of beets that day too and they are also a blooming!

This is my blank slate! Joe borrowed our very nice neighbors tiller yesterday! It looks so pretty all tilled but I can't wait for it to be all green!
This is my Chicken Garden! Last year I put some ill fated squash in there and we kept forgetting and letting the chickens out and then they would eat all the leaves, naughty naughty! We have been keeping them in their pen more and just giving them sod and grass when we can. So this year I planted some asparagus, garlic, spinach, lettuce, and arugula. 2 years until we can harvest the asparagus. I meant to plant it last year but I guess I can wait for something good!

No comments:

Post a Comment