Monday, June 7, 2010

Yay for the second planting!

A little Lima beans still wearing his hat.
The Radishes Thriving
I am seeing much better progress with the garden after doing that second planting. Carrots germinated, lettuce and spinach and kale are growing. Beets are looking beet like. We even harvested enough radishes and greens for a salad this week. We are having a very very wet june. For example we got more rain last sunday than we usually do in the entire month. There is actually some sun in the forecast and I fully expect my garden to pick up the pace on production. The tomatoes I put into the ground seem to be doing great. I accidentally placed some of the potted tomatoes to close to a shed and they got a bit water logged. They are looking a little mangy but have started to flower. Hopefully they the sun will perk them up as well. I acquired a another 4 tomato plants from a neighbor with extra. Bringing my tomato total to 15 . Lima beans just started sprouting and I am dreaming of fresh lima bean puree already!

1 comment:

  1. Looks like things have picked up for you! We're having the same trouble here with the weather. Dumping with rain one minute, 98F the next! Such a confused spring. I expect once the weather warms, your waterlogged tomatoes will bounce back. Your radishes look great!

    ReplyDelete